To stay between 0-2% hydrated when training, do the following:
Sip Hydra+ throughout training, only increasing if you get thirsty
For longer duration (1h>) continuous, sweaty training (like a run) mix 1 scoop with 16oz water for each hour of work. This will get water into the system quickly
For high er intensity, shorter duration (~1h) training mix 1 scoop with ~8oz water to prioritize energy and electrolyte intake
Getting hydration scientifically correct
Two myths about dehydration and performance:
1. Dehydration is bad for performance
Research shows that dehydration of up to 2% body weight is perfectly ok, and may even benefit performance as you’re a little lighter [https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22763119].
2. You should drink lots of salty sports drinks to replace sodium lost in sweat
Studies on competing athletes show that blood salt (sodium) levels increase when you dehydrate. Also, consuming salt does very little to impact this sodium level [https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16344476].
Research shows that the most important action you can take to preserve your performance when dehydrated is to get water into your system quickly and maintain 0-2% dehydration. Hydra+ contains electrolytes as well as some sodium and carbs to make a hypotonic drink mix which will drive water into the system fast.
How to take it:
1. Hydra+ should be taken either during training to maintain water loss levels between 0-2% body weight or after training to help replenish water, electrolytes and carbohydrates.
2. For long continual training sessions (>1h) where you’ll sweat a lot, such as a long run or in team sport.
- Consume 1 scoop with 16oz water per hour. This will make a hypotonic drink that will replace water and electrolytes and some sugars
3. For more high intensity or interval type training like CrossFit or sprinting
- Consume 1 scoop with 8oz water to create a more isotonic drink that will provide muscles with energy and electrolytes
4. Ensure you don’t over-hydrate by either sipping just small amounts through your workout or drinking to thirst.
5. Hydra+ makes a great tasting, low calorie drink ideal for mixing our HMB+ Creatine or our Beta alanine products with.
What to expect:
A great natural taste
Hydra+ has a crisp, light fruit juice like taste void of any stevia or sucralose aftertaste.
Expect some settling
It will mix well, but as it’s made with real fruit you will get some settling of fruit particles at the surface. This is completely normal.
Using hydra+ to keep you between 0-2% hydration level will make you feel great when training. Not bloated from over drinking or low and lethargic from over-dehydration.
Hydra+ contains the electrolytes you need to replace what is lost, other than sodium. Drinking it post training will kick start your recovery.
A good balance
Hydra+ contains the right balance of electrolytes and carbohydrates for easy absorption in the gut. This is helped by it being based in real foods too.
Real food ethos
Hydra+ makes good use of real food ingredients like coconut water and fruit - peace of mind if you try to stick to clean eating.
No dairy, nuts, gluten or wheat in sight.