Makes 4 servings
- ½ cup Paleo Mayonnaise (if you don’t feel like making it, Tessemae’s offers a Whole30-approved mayonnaise, or Mark Sisson’s Primal Kitchen Mayo
- ¾ teaspoon Indian curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small Gala, Fuji, or Honeycrisp apple, peeled, cored, and cut into ½-inch dice
- Juice from ½ medium lime
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast or thighs
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup almond slivers, toasted
First, make the curried mayonnaise. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, curry powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Yes, folks—whenever possible, it’s important to taste your food so you can adjust the seasoning as needed.
In a separate bowl, toss the apple chunks with the lime juice. This will ensure that your apples won’t oxidize into brown, splotchy cubes—and the acid adds a nice zing to the salad, too.
Shred the chicken by hand, and toss it into the bowl with the acidulated apples. Add the cilantro, scallions, and curried mayonnaise, and mix well.
Top with toasted almond slivers and serve. How easy was that?